Numerous Western men travel to Thailand with the main purpose to find a beautiful girl to wed. Thai women are smart, well educated and actually extremely beautiful girls that every man can easily fall in love with. If you are also thinking about wedding a charming Thai lady, you first have to get properly informed on the Thai marriage procedure. There are both Thai traditions and law requirements you will have to be aware of if you plan on wedding a Thai lady.
Below you will find a list of documents you will need if you plan on getting married in Thailand. In the lack of such legal papers, you will not be able to marry the woman you want to share the rest of your life with.
1. Having a copy of your passport is a must for a legal marriage with a Thai lady. Besides the passport copy you will most likely also need an arrival card. These documents, as well as other personal declarations, will help you prove that you are single and able to marry the woman you love, under the Thai marriage law.
2. A proof of your eligibility to marry may also be required. This affirmation document can easily be obtained from your embassy. You may also find it online. Just be careful, as to complete the process of obtaining this document you will most likely have to pay some fees.
3. Have a copy of your divorce certificate or of the death certificate of your spouse, if the case. You will be asked to provide this document, as well, with an income statement. Having these documents can be a must in some regions of Thailand.
You may also be required to submit the following documents:
- A certification document from your consulate, both in English and Thai.
- A proof on what you do for a living.
- A proof of how much money you make.
- Details on your previous marriages, child support or alimony payments.
Before submitting these papers, you need to make sure that your future bride is eligible, as well. She must be over 17, not married and mentally sound.